12 December 2011

Warm up to WOOL this holiday season with Icebreaker

Heeding our customers' requests for more high-quality, breathable and long-lasting wool cycling apparel, BicyclingHub.com is proud to announce we've recently added Icebreaker into our selection of outstanding brands that keep you rolling in comfort and style.


Icebreaker's line of wool cycling clothing is designed for serious road riders and mountain bikers who want rapid-wicking, temperature regulating, fast-drying and odor-resistant technical garments that will take a beating and last season after season. Enhanced with 3% LYCRA® for a perfect fit, these 97% Merino Wool technical cycling jerseys, bib shorts, warmers and cycling caps are and comfortable in any conditions--wet, cold, dry, warm, or any variation of in between.



JennJenn says:
Warm up to WOOL!

To know wool is to love wool: that's my motto, especially on crisp autumn day trips, chilly winter commutes, and breezy spring training rides. Sweating one minute up the hill and shivering the next as the road or trail slopes downward, fine Merino wool fibers retain warmth yet breathe easier than many synthetic fabrics I've tried.

The moment our shipment from Icebreaker arrived and I tried on the Women's Rhythm Merino Wool jersey, it was love at first touch. The soft, silky feel of the 97% Merino wool was like receiving a nice warm hug for riding your bike; the beautifully scripted spiral pattern reaching out of the back pockets and across the torso ensures we look as good at the coffee shop or food cart snack break as you do while riding; and the five--count 'em, FIVE--rear pockets meant I could store all my energy gels, electronic devices, keys, pump, windbreaker and arm warmers without ever feeling I was going to spill the beans.

True story: took this jersey out for a test ride on a cool Sunday afternoon in October on some of the well-known scenic hills in Portland. As my friend Maria and I were cutting through downtown on our way to Mt. Tabor, a woman rode up behind us and and said, "Excuse me: can you you tell me where you ladies got such cute cycling clothing? I love what you're wearing!" My answer: "BicyclingHub.com, baby!" Be prepared for similar questions and compliments on your 1st--or 50th--time in this gorgeous wool cycling jersey.




Race Across America (RAAM) 2010 proves hot or cold, Icebreaker wool can go the distance.




DougDOUG SAYS:
In May of 2011 I bought my first Icebreaker baselayers at their warehouse sale in Portland, Oregon and I have been a convert ever since! I wear their clothing almost every day, including warm summer months.

In October, BicyclingHub.com received our first shipment of cycling clothing from this brand, famous for their Merino Wool technical garments made for outdoor sports. Normally, I wear a size XL in most bibs we sell, but in the Icebreaker I was a pretty roomy large. Other staff members noticed the same thing, that they were wearing a smaller size than their usual.


On the bike, the bibs feel very comfortable. Merino Wool does an incredible job of wicking away moisture from my skin. My skin feels dry and I'm warm in the winter and cool in the summer. In the interests of maintaining the highest level of quality and comfort, Icebreaker have sourced the chamois for these bibs from Cytech - firmly established as amongst the best in the business - seatpads are what they do! I don't have to fret about issues with saddle comfort at all, however long my ride. These bibs are all about premium functionality – better temperature regulation, sweat management and a great interface with the seat.

I love these bibs!




No comments:

We are on a mission to spread meaningful content and give you awesome deals on cycling clothing. Like us on Facebook and see for yourself.