02 May 2013

The Best Jens Voigt Quotes

If there's one thing we love about Jens Voigt, besides the fact that he's a damn good cyclist (currently riding for Trek Factory Racing), it's his uniquely open and forthright way of talking to the media. Here are some of our favorite things he's said so far:

"Hopefully I've shown them (fellow cyclists) you just need some self-belief and that you need to take your destiny into your own hands instead of waiting for it. You have to go out and force it. You need to go out and take life, and shape your life and destiny the way you need it. I hope I can pass that message along."

"If it hurts me, it must hurt the other ones twice as much."

"No, I do not accept defeat here. I do not accept this."

"Shut up legs! Do what I tell you to do."

"Oh, you poor thing, you’ve got no chance, you’re already beaten."

"You’re all beaten; I am just laughing at you."

"I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?"

"In the hierarchy of the family, I’m just above the dog. But I like it that way."

"Having things organized is for small-minded people. Genius controls chaos."

"While I’m not very talented at cooking, I am very talented at eating."

" I am confident that when I get really old, the human lifespan will be extended."

"Cycling is not rocket science."


"If you go (with a break), you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win."

The Jens Voigt Soundboard
"I think every cyclist should look a little outside, open up their horizons a little bit and listen and look into other things that are fun. Do what you like and profit from that. If you only go riding, riding, riding all year long for ten years, you will just have a tunnel vision by the end of it. It is good every now and then to get your body to straighten up again and use your upper body a little bit."

What's better than reading a bunch of hilarious Voigt quotes? Hearing them. There exists on the Internet an awesome online soundboard with soundbites of Voigt saying these quotes and more. Check it out here. It's pretty fantastic.

Did we miss any of your favorite Jens Voigt quotes?  Be sure to leave them in the comments section below!  


Quotes via CyclingTips.com.

4 comments:

Chip said...

Gotta love Jens' sensibility.

Harald Harb said...

Hi Jens, I'm a friend of Steve Porino, you are doing a great job with the Tour coverage.
Harald

historypak said...

thank you for a great post. inspirational quotes about goals

Alisen said...

Many students send their entrance essay to an essay editing service and get accepted to the program of their choice. The essay must distinguish you from the other applicants. See more literature review writing services

We are on a mission to spread meaningful content and give you awesome deals on cycling clothing. Like us on Facebook and see for yourself.